Does your organisation have to assess odour impact as part of an approvals process or to address community concerns?
If you are unsure of how to approach the subject of odour nuisance, Katestone can help. Speaking with an odour consultant can help ensure your odour assessment will meet the expectations and requirements of the regulatory authority and to focus your efforts to demonstrate compliance.
The complexity of odour assessment is evident from the range of approaches used by different regulators throughout Australia to assess odour impacts. There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to assessing odour impacts. Intimate knowledge of the regulatory guidelines is required to ensure the approach taken delivers the the best outcome for all stakeholders.
Regulators frequently request odour impact assessments to demonstrate compliance as part of an application or program such as:
- Material Change of Use (MCU)
- Development Approval (DA)
- Transitional Environmental Program (TEP)
Katestone can provide both practical and technical advice if odour nuisance is an issue for your company.
Katestone odour experts can provide advice on all aspects of odour assessments including:
- Odour monitoring
- Odour measurement
- Odour emissions
- Dispersion modelling
- Odour management plans
- Complaints appraisal and management
- Field odour assessment
- Expert witness
- Odour policy and legislation
Our staff have extensive practical and technical experience of odour impact assessment from:
- Completing odour impact assessments for a wide range of industries
- Acting as expert odour witnesses
- Research and publication of peer reviewed odour literature
- Advice to regulators on odour policy development
Call or email us today to talk to one of our odour experts.